The Twin Boro Soccer | For Players
PA WEST SOCCER ASSOCIATION:
PLAYERS CODE OF CONDUCT:
The mission of the Twin Boro Soccer Club (TBSC) is to provide a safe, fun learning environment for the youth of Oakmont and Verona. We strive to create an opportunity for kids to work together as a team toward common goals. We emphasize sportsmanship, teamwork and respect for authority figures (Directors, Coaches, and Referees). While we are not a farm system for the Riverview School District soccer program, or any other school soccer program, we recognize the impact we may have on those programs. Our focus is on developing good life skills through the sport of soccer.
TBSC is a member club of PAWest Soccer Association and as such, must abide by the Youth Division Playing Rules of the governing body. All TBSC Directors, Coaches, Players, and Spectators must also abide by the Youth Division Playing Rules, and are subject to disciplinary action by PAWest Soccer Association in addition to disciplinary action taken by TBSC pursuant to this Code of Conduct.
TBSC will not tolerate verbal or physical abuse of its volunteer coaches, referees, or players from any Parent, Player, or Spectator. Spectators, as well as the players and coaches, are expected to abide by the Code of Conduct described herein at all TBSC events (practices, games, tournaments, or travel to and/or from). While most of the adults and children in the program will abide by this code without being instructed, it is being published to protect the children, the integrity of our program, and emphasize the values of TBSC. This Code of Conduct as set forth below, is not intended to limit the scope or application of any laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania or the Boroughs of Verona and Oakmont, to the extent such laws, rules or ordinances are applicable.
1. Have fun!
2. Be a good sport (win or lose), be honest and fair.
3. Learn the value of commitment to the team; sportsmanship, ethical conducts, and fair play.
4. Show courtesy and respect to teammates, opponents, coaches and officials.
5. Know that athletic contests are educational experiences.
6. Give complete attention to the instructions of my coaches and league officials.
I will not:
1. Use profanity, talk “trash”, or taunt others before, during or after any game.
2. Display any unsportsmanlike behavior.
3. Strike or bully any teammate or opposing player.
4. Criticize my teammates or players from other teams.
5. Act in any way that may incite spectators.
Consequences of Behavior
Anyone who fails to conform their conduct to the preceding Code of Conduct while attending, coaching, officiating, or participating in a TBSC event will be subject to disciplinary action, including but not limited to the following, in any order or combination.
1. Verbal warning issued by TBSC.
2. Written warning issued by TBSC.
3. Suspension or immediate ejection from a TBSC event issued by authorized officials of PAWest or TBSC.
4. Suspension from multiple TBSC events issued by authorized officials of PAWest or TBSC.
5. Season suspension or multiple season suspensions issued by TBSC.